About Ben Thorn
With over a decade of expertise gained in boutique commercial and intellectual property firms, I bring a multidisciplinary approach to legal practice.
I have worked with clients across many industries - in fashion, food, entertainment, transport, software and technology... from start-ups, SME’s and not-for-profits to large corporations.
I pride myself on delivering excellent legal outcomes and take the time to ensure my clients understand the process as well as the result.
Outside the law, I am a parent, a musician and a technology enthusiast.
At university, I studied Japanese and spent 2 months living and working in Sendai and Tokyo. I have also travelled to Europe, Singapore, New Zealand and the Solomon Islands.
I have interests in design, architecture, engineering, digital photography and technological gadgets.
Qualifications & Memberships
- LLB(hons) - Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- BA - Bachelor of Arts
- GradDip LP - Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Skills and Ethics
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society (QLS)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member of the Technology & Intellectual Property Committee of the Queensland Law Society